Monday, June 18, 2007

More muse

June 17, 2007
I Am

I am bright and dangerous
As an open hearth
I am the flower the smiles
At day dawns blaze
I am flaming crimson dot
Rooted in a pot
I am a local craze
With no sense of miles
I am, inside, the earth
Yet, I can’t remember birth

Am I

Am I the rippling wave
In the eternal sea?
Am I the drop
That fills the cup?
Am I the feather
That weathers all weather?
Am I the space
In every up?
Am I eternal Me
In the liquid sea?

June 17, 2007
Will I

Will I fall in love some day
With some damsel far away?
Will I set a nation free
Receive a staff and split the sea?
Will I walk all continents
Find in those climes new sentiments?
Will I take some clay in hand
Center it and make a man?
Will I frown and make a storm
When those clouds are mine to form?
Will I know what is to be
In stretching eternity?

I Will

I will accost the dark unknown
Till life snaps back and time is blown
I will build a shelter here
To weather every chaffing tear
I will learn some human art
And with it build in human hearts
I will come and love the land
That offers up itself to man
I will receive my given star
And loose some band, untie some bar
I will fall for love someday
That love forever in me stay.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I'm loving the post—keep them coming